Before updating your iPhone to the lastest iOS software, please be sure to check this page first to ensure compatibility with your hearing aids and ReSound Smart and ReSound Smart 3D apps.
iOS 11.4.1 — July 17, 2018
Testing confirms this latest iOS update has resolved issues that were reported after the release of iOS 11.4, where iPhone SE users were unable to connect to their hearing aids to stream audio or utilize their ReSound app.
iOS 11.4 — June 20, 2018
MFi hearing instruments are unable to connect with iPhone SE after Apple’s release of iOS 11.4. We recommend that iPhone SE users stay on iOS 11.3 if they have not updated already. The issue will be fixed with an upcoming iOS release. We are awaiting Apple to confirm the release date and will send out a notification when more information is available.
For all other compatible iPhones and iPads, initial test results with iOS 11.4 show compatibility with ReSound Made for Apple hearing aids. If we do find anything that impacts compatibility, we will update you as soon as possible.
Please note: when updating the version of iOS on an iPhone, the hearing aids may lose connection, requiring you to unpair and re-pair the hearing aids with the iPhone.
Un-pairing and re-pairing instructions for Apple devices:
- Turn off your hearing aids by opening both battery doors.
- Go to iPhone Settings (gear icon).
- Turn on Bluetooth, if not already turned on.
- Go to General.
- Go to Accessibility
- Go to MFi Hearing aids or Hearing Devices
- If your hearing aids are listed, select them. Then select Forget Device
- Close both battery doors at the same and place them near your iPhone
- When you see (Your name)’s Hearing Aids R+L, click on it
- A pair screen will pop up once per hearing aid. Press pair each time.
- Wait for 2 minutes while all of your presets load.
- Press the home button.
- Go to the ReSound App.
- If paired correctly to the iPhone, the app should begin its process in recognizing the hearing aids.
- Follow the on-screen prompts in the app.
- You’re all set!